- Vision & Mission
- POs, PSOs, PEOs
- HOD'S Desk
- Labs & Equipments
- Achivements & Highlights
- Time Table
Civil engineering technicians having global competencies for quality services and entrepreneurship for infrastructure development of the nation
To educate and train the technical manpower of high competency in Civil Engineering
To ensure employability, encourage entrepreneurship, promote lifelong inter disciplinary liaison to face ever changing needs, risks and constraints
To generate civil engineering technicians who successfully adapt to local situations and provide innovative solutions for the betterment of the society
To provide and implement quality management system for civil engineering technician education
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the Engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyses well-defined Engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3: Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO5:Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO6:Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO7:Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1. To plan for collection of data, prepare design, drawings and estimate.
- PSO 2. To develope supervisory and middle level management skills for construction andmaintenance of Civil Engineering structures.
- PSO 3. To take decisions to identify and solve problems on construction sites.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1. Adopt prevailing Civil Engineering based technology to solve current Civil Engineering problems as well as inter-disciplinary.
- PEO2 Provide responsible and eco-friendly solutions to Civil Engineering based problems in ethical standards and leadership qualities.
- PEO3. Contribute as an individual or as an team member by probing, analyzing and communicating effectively to solve relevant problems.
Shri. A.N. Devade
HOD Civil Department
Welcome to the Department of Civil Engineering at institute of Government Polytechnic,Kolhapur, an autonomous Institute of Government .of Maharashtra. Our institute was established in the year 1961 having intake capacity 60. Additional intake of 30 students capacity was increased by 2009. By now the total intake of civil engineering is 170.The Department of civil engineering has been awarded Excellent grade by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education Mumbai. The department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty who are always believe in overall development of students. We focus on student centric active teaching learning process by providing them domain knowledge, developing their skill sets and aware them about ethics and human values. We also believe in building up student’s career and professional excellence. We follow outcome based curriculum from academic year 2016-17. Our main aim is to create Civil Engineering Diploma students who can work effectively in construction industry, private sectors, Governmentdepartments like PWD, WRD, MJP, Railways etc. Lastly we show gratitude for visiting our website.
|Shri. A.N. Devade||HOD Civil Dept||B.E Civil|
|Shri. Anand Bapu Rajmane||Lecturer in Civil Engg.||M.E (Construction and Management)|
|Shri.Sunil Abaji Nikam||Lecturer in Civil Engg||M.E (Construction and Management)|
|Shri.Kirankumar Ambajirao Kolekar||Lecturer in Civil Engg||M.E, Ph.d. (Solid Waste Management)|
|Shri.Uddhavraj Pandurang Mane||Lecturer in Civil Engg||MTech CIVIL- STRUCTURAL ENGG|
|Sou. Monali Shahaji Kamble||Lecturer in Civil Engg.||M.E (Construction and Management)|
|Name Of Staff||Designation|
|Shri. Sandip Ananda Vadd||Tech Hamal|
|Shri.Vinod Mahadev Redekar||Peon|
|Shri. Kuldeep Dattatray Kokare||Lab.Atte.|
|Shivaji Sakharam Kamble ||Instractor (Mason)
|Shri. Abhijeet Dilip Chougule||Lab.Assistant
Labs & Equipments
|Lab Name||Major Equipment||cost||Photo|
|Environmental|| Digital turbidity meter|
Digital ph meter
VSI auto karl fischer titrimeter model vsi-12
Delux dissolved oxygen analyser cum temperature cum temp. indicator
EI make dissolved oxygen analyser
Water distillation unit
Water & soil analysis unit
|Hydraulics||Hydraulic bench with necessary accessories||193040|
|Computer|| Canon printer|
Acer computers (200 series)
Samsung laser printer
A3 laserjet printer
|Surveying|| Pentex total station model r-322-nx|
Digital theodolite nikon model-203
Auto level model ta2
Digital theodolite dt-105p
|Transportation|| Tar Viscometer Apparatus|
Rajco Bitumen Extractor Hand Operated
Ductility Testing machine
Bitumen Penetration test
Flash & Fire point Apparatus
ring and ball appartus
|Mr. Kirankumar Ambajirao Kolekar achieved Ph.D. for his Environmental project.|
|IEDSSA 2022-23-Sahil barve 86kg CE student, won gold in the wrestling competition|
|IEDSSA 2022-23 -Vedant Rasane, CE student, Wons Table Tennis B1 Zone competition|